Thursday, May 6, 2010

Back to Blogging and on to new Adventures



Well hello there!
Welcome back to my blog (especially you, Tanya)! It's been quite a while since I've updated this bad boy but that's because I've been waiting for something interesting to happen so I could write about it. But by now, lots of things have happened so I think I'd better get busy on updating!

I am currently trying to get my things and my scattered brain together to leave on my road trip across the country! I leave Monday, and I have yet to pack or even think about packing...so that's my goal for the next few days. I'm also just sending my trusty old car Baxter good thoughts all the time to make sure he gets me all the way to Maine :-) He's still going strong at this point but he's getting closer and closer to 200,000 miles plus he's 17 years old!

Some very big news in my life is that I've finally finished my job in the campus parking garage! haha. Five years in a booth is perhaps far too much, but on the other hand it was a GREAT work-study job for college. Minimal thinking involved, lots of free time, internet access...yeah, it was pretty good. But I'm SO glad that time in my life is over now! I've got a job lined up when I get in Maine, I'll be working at a summer camp as a program coordinator for an adventure camp for middle school aged kids. It should be pretty fun, and hopefully a great experience! I can't wait to live a couple blocks from the beach and be in beautiful Maine! This week I've been saying goodbye to people, and to Boulder. I went on a great hike up the Royal Arch trail in Chautauqua yesterday!

Other big news: my mom got married in March! I'm very happy for her and I can see how unbelievably happy she is, which she absolutely deserves. So congratulations, Mom and Colin!

I plan to update this blog as often as possible while I'm traveling across the country and then living in Maine. Hopefully I'll have some great stories and lots of pictures! I hope you come back and visit my blog and see what I'm up to, but also I really want to hear what you all are up to this summer too! As far as keeping in touch with me, the internet is a good system. Find me on Facebook, or email me at kinimaleka@gmail.com or give me a call on my cell phone!
If you want to send me mail of the "snail" variety (which I would LOVE!), let me know and I'll give you my address in Maine!

Oh, and for your information, my (very) tentative road trip itinerary is:

Pagosa Springs, CO
Albuquerque, NM
Oklahoma City, OK
St. Louis, MO
Rockford, IL
Milwaukee, WI
Chicago, IL
New York
Vermont
New Hampshire
Maine
(leaving room for changes in plan, unexpected adventures, delays, etc)


3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Sweetie!
    I'll miss you now as you head out into the world but I'm also very excited for you in all your new adventures. You know I'll be watching for the updates here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness. What does your email mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. It's my first and middle name, Jennie Martha, in Hawaiian.

    ReplyDelete